Monday, February 6, 2012

Mini Road Trip!

It is February and still 45 degrees outside! We have had no snow this year which is really weird. It also makes me very nervous because now it'll probably snow until July! But, since Saturday was such a beautiful day, we decided to go for a drive. We made our way up Provo Canyon and ended up driving through the adorable little town of Midway. Neither of us had ever been there before and we both fell in love with the town. It reminds me a lot of Solvang (the little town in California where my grandparents live).  I remembered that the new HGTV Dream Home was just built in Midway so we went on a grand adventure trying to find the stupid thing! We drove around for almost two hours and FINALLY found it! There were quite a few people getting out to look at the house, so we decided to check it out too. We both decided right away that it was not our style house (I actually hated it), but wanted to see the inside. Turns out, we needed to have a reservation to take a "tour" or pay 15$ a person to walk through it. Um yeah right. I'm not giving you money to walk through a house. So we took a picture and left. Needless to say, we had fun driving around exploring! On our way home, we saw this cute little place that sells homemade cheese and milk. We stopped to see what it was all about. We ended up buying 25$ worth of fresh cheese, raw milk and ice cream! It was delicious!! We both decided we LOVE raw milk, but having to sign a waiver saying we wouldn't sue anyone if we died was a little strange. He ended up loving the milk and now we have a cool looking glass container :)


(This is the ugly HGTV Dream Home)


After our grand adventure up in Midway, we stopped and had lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant Mama Chu's. If you've never been there, please do yourself a favor and go!! They have the best nacho's in the entire world! We went home, took a nap and then decided to go out...AGAIN! My sweet hubby took me to Texas Road House (because all I wanted was their rolls...again, do yourself a favor and try them). After an amazing dinner, we went to The Cheesecake Factory to get dessert. Saturday was the best day I've had in a long time. I have the most amazing, sweet husband in the whole world and I feel so lucky to have found him. He goes above and beyond to make me feel loved! It's such a blessing to be married to my best friend.

No comments: